Thursday, June 11, 2009

Clothing labels


Looking for a neat way to label preschoolers' clothing, lunchboxes, etc etc has been another chore for me until I came upon these labels called Stitkins.
I have tried using Sharpie markers and other permanent markers on plastic lunch containers and clothing labels which presented several problems:
(1) Plastic containers: They wash off in about 3 washes. Meaning they disappear. They start to fade with one wash. So it turns out, the markers are not really permanent after all (they're only permanent on surfaces where you don't want them to be!).
(2) Clothing labels: It bleeds as you write, so you have to write really big but the labels are really small. And what about all these brands that don't have labels to start off with? Do you mean for me to just write on the cloth??!!
(3) Shoes: Similar to the plastic containers. Doesn't last very long, especially on the crocs.
But Stitkins come in a variety of sizes, do not need ironing, and last in the dishwasher and laundry (apparently for 10+ washes. I will test exactly how long they last!). I am looking forward to NOT rewriting every three days.

3 comments:

  1. my permanent pens last much longer than 3 washes....what kind of pen are you using?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the containers? i use a sharpie or a namepen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. hang tags

    ReplyDelete